Wednesday, September 2, 2009
The working mama...
Well I have officially gone back to work after being home for 2.5 yrs. It's been a challenging transition for our whole family, but it is going well. I feel like I dont ever have time to do anything these days, including stuff that needs done, like house cleaning. I find that I'm going to have to spend my days off doing most of it, Steven has definitely stepped up in that department. Before when i wasnt working I felt like that was "my job" as well as taking care of Noah, so I didnt expect it of Steven, doesnt mean he didnt help out sometimes, he did. But honestly, it's kind of hard for me to let that "control" go, I always found it was just easier to do it myself cuz I had my own routine and my own way of doing it, even with something as simple as mopping the floor or loading the dishwasher and it's goign to be hard for me to let go of that control, but I have to, lol, I just dont have time to do it ALL! The job is going well, i will be in training for 13 weeks, 5 of those weeks is in the classroom setting, it feels A LOT like school, lol. I'm only in my 2nd week and I am already terrified for my first call when I hit transition(last 8 weeks of training), that is when i will be taking calls, and I'm freakin out already. lol. I enjoy working in the same building as Steven even tho I dont really get to see him cuz all of our breaks fall at different time, it really works out well for us. I am so used to being able to get all the errands and stuff that we needed done, done while Steven was at work, now I feel like I dont ever have time to do any, lol. I'm sure once we get into this new routine I will find more time(at least I hope so!) for myself and to do other things. I am SOO looking forward to our 3 day weekend we have coming up, woo hoo :)!!! Well, theres a lil update for those that dont bother reading my blog, I guess it's more just to get it off my chest, lol.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hahaha, i know how you feel about the control thing when cleaning the house! I am glad things are going good for you though, it is a big adjustment! love you sis!
Post a Comment