My Little Family

Friday, May 20, 2011

Wow what a week...

What a week this has been! We took my sweet baby girl in to the doctor last thursday (12) because she woke up with Pink eye, well come to find out she had her third ear infection since Feb 28, which explains why she hadnt been sleeping very well all week long. Well they put her on amoxicillin which is what they put her on after her first ear infection..no biggy right..well seven days after she started the meds she broke out into hives, I went into her room in the morning to get her and noticed them on her face and on her right arm. So I immediately call the doctor and got her in. She was allergic to what I guessed, the meds. They put her on a steroid right away to help and said that it should be gone in the next couple of days, well today she has been COVERED in them and she has been extremely cranky, can ya blame her? I know I would be extremely cranky too! I'm very worried about her and just want her to get better. They checked her ears yesterday adn said that they looked good and clear so they didnt put her on another antibiotic for fear she would have a reaction to it too and we wouldnt know. Well all day today she has been ripping at her right ear, to the point that we lost her earring, so I am going to be calling the doctor in the morning and having them recheck her ear. I'm praying its clear because I am terrified to put her on any other antibiotic! Emilynn was not since once the first 8 months of her life and these last 3.5 it seems like she's been sick constantly. The doctor said that the ear infections could be caused from her laying down and drinking a bottle cuz the tubes in babies ears are not completely formed and the suction on the bottle causes fluid to get back in there and get infected, idk, a lot of ppl think it's a crock but I'm wondering if that is the cause. Emilynn has been breastfed since birth but I have given her a lot more bottles in the last 3 months then I did before, and I always said I'd never put my baby to bed with a bottle, well I have been guilty of it with her once in awhile, so I'm putting an end to that and no more bottle lying down and we'll see if the problem goes away. Wish me luck cuz when she wants something she is VERY persistent, lol. So if you are reading this please pray for Emilynn, that she gets to feeling much better and stays healthy!

Noah has been a good big brother and helps mommy out a lot, I think sometimes my expectations of him are much too high and I need to remind myself that he's only 3. I beat myself up over it everynight and then it seems like the next day I'm doing the same thing all over again, it's time for a change.. I am always praying I have more patience with all those around me and lately I havent been practicing it much, tomorrow is a new day and I WILL be more patient!! :)

No comments: